Sunday, March 25, 2012

End of March!

Since we are approaching the end of March and given my history of posting here on my blog, I will probably not be on again until sometime in April.  Here's an update...

I have signed a contract to return next year to Shishmaref.  As of yesterday (March 24....and this will be news to some because it's not officially announced yet until Monday), I will be teaching third grade next year in the "big" school.  I have enjoyed my year in ECE with the four year olds.  What a nice bunch of kids!  But it's time to move on to a new adventure.

Speaking of adventures....my daughter and her boyfriend have adopted an 11-year old kitty from the Human Society back in Michigan.  They have named him Jeepers!  He really is a cute cat and he's lucky to have them as caretakers.  Jessica and Chris are gearing up for another season at Skydive Tecumseh....a parachute drop zone in southern Michigan.  Check out their website if you want to take the plunge...(skydivetecumseh.com).

My son is preparing for his next adventure starting in early April.  He will be walking the Appalachian Trail.  He invites folks to follow his exploits as well:  (http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=370456).

I am so glad that my kids were able to visit with me in San Antonio, Texas back in early February.  Although I will be visiting Jessica this summer when I get back to Michigan (wouldn't miss a chance to meet Jeepers), I won't get to see Dan again until the summer of 2013 because he will be gone before I get home in May and he'll return to Michigan in September or October....after I've already returned to Shishmaref.  Here's a shot of the three of us in Texas at the Alamo...or should I wait to post it on another posting in case it causes this to freeze up again?  I guess I won't take any chances....go to the next posting to see the picture!

TTFN...thanks for checking in on me...I enjoy hearing from you all....through snail mail (OH!  That reminds me....my Uncle Bob sent me one of his poems written just for me....I'll have to post it on another posting!), through email, and through Facebook....oh, and via the phone (Thanks, Mary....I'll get back to you!)...although if you've tried calling me via the phone, you know the connection can be iffy.  By the way, I can't wait for all those Girl Scout cookies to arrive!

Take care....remember, don't give up on your dreams....no matter how farfetched they may seem!

No comments:

Post a Comment