Monday, November 14, 2011

My Classroom!

I need to be careful about posting pictures of my students.  I wish I could because it would warm your heart to see their smiles.  But, I most likely will not post pictures.  So....here are pictures taken of the building in which I work....the Head Start/ECE building....which is right across the way from the backside of the "big" school.  We bundle up and walk to the "big" school every day for lunch and sometimes for gym time.  In the second picture, just up over the knoll is the rock seawall holding back the Chukchi Sea.  The rest of the pictures show the inside of my classroom....which is the middle room of three large rooms in the building.  The far end is the 3 year olds' classroom and the opposite end is the "work room/office area/kitchen".  Oh, the big yellow building past the ECE building is the Shishmaref Native store.  YEAH....I was able to buy lettuce and a tomato and an onion and celery (and some Doritoes and bean dip) on Sunday!  I had the visiting artist-in-residence over for dinner and was able to put together a great salad to go with the spaghetti and garlic bread.  Check out the sand....it's frozen now and covered with snow....but when it wasn't, it would drift like snow, too, in front of the door!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment