Sunday, January 22, 2012

More Pictures....Because I Can!

I love this picture!  This is Mickey who works in ECE.  He was one of the marshals for the Christmas Week games.  Next to him is his sister, Annie...mother of one of our ECE students, Luke.  Congrats to Annie and her honey, Jason.  They were married on January 21.
Mark (postmaster), Mat (works with us in ECE) and Jan (Mat's honey)
From the minute I got off the plane back in August, this man, Warren (maintenance man at school) began teasing me nonstop.  He's a hoot!  I drew his name for the staff gift exchange and I couldn't wait to give him his gift.  We'll just say that it has to do with what he tends to "dish out" to me....and there was a roll of toilet paper in that box!  His wife, Bessi, is looking on.  She's one of the bilingual teachers.  Great people!  Oh, I see Karen just to the left of Warren....and she teaches in the three year old program.
This is where I live now!
A caption is TOTALLY necessary here!  That's me heading around Mickey (one of the Christmas Week marshals).  This game involved the women holding a potato between their knees and running down the gym floor and back.  Right as I a rounded his chair, I said, "Mickey, I'm passing gas!"
Christmas Week games - Another Finger Pull game
Christmas Week - Little Finger Pull
Christmas Week games - Leg Flip!  My Dad would have loved this!
Celebrating with Lani (new housemate) and Mike at the school Christmas program.
You lose!  Serve me coffee, please!  The losing team in the men's Christmas Week football (or was it called soccer) game had to serve cookies, coffee, and juice to everyone in the gym that evening.  This is good-natured John Kokeok!   At least he didn't end up at the Health Clinic with injuries like some men did!
View from my kitchen window.....ok....there is a little shed out that window so the snow isn't really THAT deep!  However, as I post this blog this evening, we heard that back in Shishmaref (I'm currently in Stebbins....another village) there are 10 to 12 foot drifts!  That's the reason I'm still in Stebbins....our flight was cancelled due to the weather.
Cemetery at sunrise (which was still late in the morning)
Snack Shack!  It's not Marty's Cones and Carry-Out but it's still pretty decent!  Love the shrimp!  And they deliver!

From the lagoon looking back at the church on the first day of the Christmas Week games.  The dog mushers were about to begin out on the lagoon.  Unfortunately, it was so incredibly cold that day that I wasn't able to keep my gloves off long enough to use my camera.  My hands were numb so quickly....and my camera decided it was too cold to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment